Wednesday, December 3, 2014

WIWOW : What I'm Working on Wednesday

It's been a few weeks, but I've been busy! Here's this week's WIWOW.


Making

I finished my first muslin of the Edith blouse and the fit was good, but not great. I made a bunch of changes - I reduced the waist darts, added 1/2" to the CF, lowered the back neckline 1/2", and re-drew all the facings to cope with the changes. I am cutting out version 2 tonight!



I also traced the Colette Meringue skirt and made the necessary changes. I'll be cutting out my first version of that tonight as well. And I already have an outfit planned with my completed Edith and Meringue! I'm getting ahead of myself. But won't these fabrics be so good together?!



Annnnddd I've been trudging through the Hazel pattern. If I could sum it up in two words they would be DART WOES. I tried several versions just to see how they would work (I know some of these are pretty wonky - I was desperate) and they weren't great. I finally pinched out two darts and that's how it now sits, crumpled on my sewing table. I'll get back to it one day.



But the coolest thing I have done recently is make these tags! I designed them in Photoshop and then used Spoonflower to print them on cotton sateen. When they arrived I cut them and did a narrow hem finish to the edges. The front has my name and the back has the city and year. I'm pretty excited to get a finished garment and stick one of these in!



Reading

I've been reading NOS4A2 by Joe Hill for what seems like forever. It's hard to get around to reading when I have so much sewing to do! But I'm almost finished. I'm not sure what I'll read next - let me know if you have any recommendations! Nick and I did finish listening to The Shining, and it was really good. It made me super tense though - I drove out to my sister's gripping the steering wheel very tightly with clammy hands. Ha! Light fantasy reading next, please! 


Thinking

And in other news, I got this whole box of silk and rayon velvet ribbon for free and I'm trying to decide what to do with it. It's all cut into 18" lengths, so it will probably involve some piecing. But it's so beautiful!


Lastly, I'm trying to convince Nick to let me commandeer his DSLR so I can stop posting iPhone photos on here. I know you guys would love that.

Smooches! 

No comments: